In an exclusive interview with Zach Bosin, VP of product & growth marketing, BlueJeans by Verizon, he shared how the platform combines high-quality audio featuring Dolby Voice (R), HD video and web-conferencing capabilities for cloud-based meetings or significant interactive events, making it a perfect fit for partners like Telecom Review Group in catering to webinars and virtual events business.
Can you describe BlueJeans and its core services? And how do you ensure the security and privacy of users during video conferences?
BlueJeans by Verizon is a video engagement platform that fuses video and mobility to create a more flexible, inclusive workplace, helping enterprises work smarter, more collaboratively and more efficiently. When combined with Verizon’s network and mobile connectivity, BlueJeans provides users with secure and reliable video conferencing and eliminates latency and network errors.
How does BlueJeans by Verizon differ from other video conferencing solutions on the market?
BlueJeans by Verizon provides a unique meeting experience for its users with unparalleled features, including:
- Dolby Voice Audio, a breakthrough in audio for online meetings, elevates the meeting experience by allowing attendees to hear clearly and communicate naturally, regardless of location in high-definition (HD) sound.
- Enterprise Grade Security that prevents unwanted participants from joining meetings and protects end-user privacy with default security settings enabled. Meeting organizers can lock meetings at any time and expel unwanted participants.
- A powerful, fully featured Mobile App for iOS and Android with crystal-clear audio, intelligent bandwidth management, dynamic screen-sharing, safe driving mode, mobile room controller, town hall and webinar support, and flexible join options.
- A premium desktop experience through the BlueJeans Desktop App 2.0 that allows you to join meetings faster, offers a more intuitive user interface and provides an immersive audio and video experience.
- Improved productivity with Smart Meetings, an intelligent meeting management software that allows users to capture important meeting discussion points, assign action items and catch up with timesaving highlight reels.
- BlueJeans’ event platform is able to host up to 150,000 interactive event participants. Within the platform, a new production tool, BlueJeans Studio, allows event organizers to customize live streams to better engage their audience.
Can you discuss any recent updates or improvements that BlueJeans by Verizon has made to its platform?
BlueJeans Events empowers organizations to produce interactive, production-grade virtual events and live streams.
We have recently introduced BlueJeans Studio, an all-in-one event production suite, to our Events platform. Studio allows users to create stunning live streams by adding logos, backgrounds and colors; engage audience members with real-time chat, Q&A and polls; and expand their reach to Facebook Live, YouTube Live and other streaming platforms simultaneously.
BlueJeans Gateway, a Microsoft-certified cloud video interop solution, is the easiest way to bring the power of Teams video meetings into conference rooms and huddle spaces to create intelligent workspaces. BlueJeans’ pure SaaS (Software as a Service) solution works in conjunction with thousands of room system configurations, including Cisco, Poly and Lifesize.
BlueJeans’ Corporate Learning & Training platform facilitates immersive, engaging, and inclusive meetings, with features like Weather Person Mode, Collab Board, multi-language, and closed captioning.
How does BlueJeans address common video conferencing issues, such as connectivity problems or audio/video quality issues?
To limit connectivity problems or audio/video quality issues, video platforms depend on low-latency networks and plenty of bandwidth. Verizon’s 5G network enables both of those by computing to the edge of the network, where the application is, to reduce the response times needed. This allows for higher levels of video quality.
Can you discuss any integrations or partnerships that BlueJeans has with other software or platforms?
Most recently, BlueJeans announced a partnership with Sparq Live Limited to deliver professional-grade hybrid and virtual event experiences. Through this collaboration, enterprises seeking to create and execute exceptional on-brand events that immerse and engage audiences will have a one-stop shop for their events produced and streamed at scale with BlueJeans Events and Studio.
Last year, BlueJeans partnered with Google to equip the Glass Enterprise Edition 2 with BlueJeans Meetings. This collaboration allows workers to stream “point-of-view” video so remote coworkers can observe and troubleshoot in real-time, boosting productivity and collaboration for these businesses, which then improves their quality of work.